Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Typography 1

as a sophomore gd major, I was required to take type 1 this past semester. the projects progressed from simple abstractions of single letterforms to creating a complex visual hierarchy, all while focusing on basic visual principles such as texture, depth of field, and balance (believe it or not, those all can be achieved or severely butchered through blocks of text). over the next few entries, I'll post some of the assignments we had.

this was our third assignment, creating pattern from a single letterform. I created many versions of some of these patterns, but I think these were some of my most successful ones:




we were allowed to mess with color for the second part of this assignment. when I exported these pdf's the colors got really messed up, imagine this one being a little less vivid. also, I enjoyed playing with opacities and the interactions of the letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment