Wednesday, December 31, 2008

my 6th type 1 assignment, as well as my final for that class was to create a "biographical list" of 400 items and then create a poster to display said list. my list was actually a pre-made list I got from my last.fm page of my top 400 most listened-to musical artists. I knew that I wanted to work with scale and transparency to create hierarchy, but I struggled with creating the shape. in the end, I kind of created a map of my musical tastes, allowing associations I've made (whether they be through similar band members, styles or time period in which I was a fan of that band/artist) to create a system I could use to organize this massive amount of information. I'm pleased with the final product, moreso when printed than digital, but if I had another week or four, I'd probably still be tweeking alignments and opacities.




printed on white stonehenge (22" x 30")

No comments:

Post a Comment